February 18, 2011

Seasons Are Changing

Change. What a confusing topic. Being near the end of winter, slowly changing to spring (which I'm hoping will HURRY UP) inspired me to post something on change. Want it or not it's a huge part of every one's lives. You wake up one morning and it seems your whole life seems to be re-arranged by this crazy dumb awesome terrible thing called change. Oh how it can hurt. And I'm not great at dealing with change. I love if I can make the changes, but have someone else dictate what's gonna happen? That tears me apart. It's like I have to do it for myself. That can be a pain. My grade 6 to grade 7 interval was strange. I swear to you, my life was taken by the neck, whipped around, turned upside down, shook up and then slowly put back on its feet. I lost my childhood best friend, which hurt more then either of us would have admit. I changed my complete group of friends. Honestly, I don't have one friend from my elementary years that's still close with me today. I changed my way of thinking. Little things. Big things. Some for the best and some not. I changed some of my hobbies, my interests, music, found some new things out about myself and misplaced others. For sure, it was hard. It was like death some days! But then you learn how to get up, and keep going. I am no expert at this art, honestly. But if you look back at everything you came from, most times there is a reason all that happened that you can only really see once it's all over with. I now see that I've gained some amazing friends for life! ...I will forever miss my childhood friend. But God's blessed me! Beauty through pain. There will be more change in my years to come, but right now I'm so happy with where I'm at. I trust God will lead me where he wants me to go, and just try my best to enjoy the ride.

2 comments:

  1. Wow thats awesome. i really didn't know that you felt so strongly about loosing ppl and changing from rosenfeld to here. Im sorry bud :( but i am glad that i could be the best friend for life that was gained!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure you were the best friend for life that was gained!!!! I still miss my childhood friends. Lots some days. But then I look at what I got and it's pretty dang good if you ask me! :D

    ReplyDelete